Saturday, May 7, 2011

Technology issues

Each of my classes are 22 minutes long, this gives me very little time to use technology in PE.  If I were to have the students spend time researching on the computer about certain health topics that could be beneficial.  My belief is that they already spend 6 hours a day at their desk or on a computer and that’s not counting the time they spend on their computers at home, so it should be a time for each student to move and learn in a kinesthetic setting.  We have used pedometers in class and the kids really enjoyed competing against each other to see who could get the most steps in one class period.  I try to use the pedometers as much as possible to turn it into a math lesson at the end of the week with how many steps each class took throughout the entire week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home